Developers using the .Net Grid have questions about performing certain operations or getting the required result. In this section we shall try to answer some these questions and provide relevant comments.
Data in .Net Grid
- How can I safely add an object to the grid from a non-GUI thread?
- What kind of data does the .Net Grid support?
- How do I share a business object between multiple grids?
- How do I use data relations in a DataSet?
- How do I build a hierarchy of tables linked with data relation?
- How do I safely update data from non-GUI thread?
- How do I build a hierarchy?
- How do I add data to the grid?
- How do I remove data from the grid?
- How do I move a row?
- How do I invalidate various elements and content in grid?
- What are the most important grid events?
- How do I serialize multiple grids to an XML file?
Headers, and columns
- How do I add multiple headers to the grid?
- How do I add headers and columns?
- How do I sort content by multiple columns?
- How do I freeze columns?
- How do I modify header and column appearance?
- How do I dock a row?
- How do I sort only top level rows with a single header?
- How do I filter rows ?
- How do I find a row by the data object?
- How do I select rows?
- How do I set semi-transparent selection?
- How do I make sure that rows or cells are visible in the grid?
- How do I navigate to the last inserted row regardless sorting?
- How do I highlight a cell for a second with a custom color?
- How do I focus a cell?
- What are the common operations with cells?
- How do I modify cell appearance?
- How do I get and set cell values?
- How do I use String.Format pattern to display values in cells?
- How do I format and parse complex values in cells?
- How do I edit cell values in dropdown editor?
- How do I edit cell values without creating a control?
- How do I edit cell values with controls created over these cells?
- How do I create editors only for specified cells and prevent editing of other cells?
- How do I get a cell that the cursor points to?
- How do I display a tooltip over cells?
License: The Grid control is available to owners of .Net Grid User, .Net Suite User licenses
Back to HowTo topics